How have I not used that yet?
Anyway, been cooking more lately! While I still can't completely part with my salads, I've been experimenting. Here's one dish I whipped up a few weeks back now:
Curried Pumpkin Pasta:
-Individual portion of whole wheat spaghetti
-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
-1/4 cup canned chickpeas
-Pinch curry powder
-1/3 cup broccoli
-2 tsp olive oil
Start the water for the pasta.
Cut off a few stalks of broccoli from a crown and rinse them.
Put the pasta in the water once it's boiling.
Toss the chickpeas in a bowl and mash them up. Mix them with the pumpkin, and then sprinkle in the curry powder. Mix it well.
Once the pasta is cooked, pour off the water. Put the pumpkin mixture into the pot with the pasta.
Pour some olive oil into a skillet and add the broccoli. Saute it to your liking.
In the meantime, turn the burner on low heat under the pasta/pumpkin pot. Stir the mixture occasionally just to heat up the pumpkin and chickpeas.
Once the broccoli is sauteed, add it to the heated pasta mix.
Serve and enjoy!
It's a great recipe for when you have leftover canned pumpkin from another pumpkin recipe, and it can be doubled, tripled, etc. to serve more.
happy noming,
<3 ereese.

No comments:
Post a Comment