Saturday, February 25, 2012

post #27. omigosh.i.just.like.looove.perfume.

I'm not a girly girl. I blame mother and father for dressing me in jamiroquai's hand me downs (and then you wonder why I only wore dresses to homecoming for the first 18 years of my life??). I've gotten more in touch with my inner lady since going away to school, but I'm still more than happy to put on my frumpy clothes or act like one of the boys. The one girly thing I have ALWAYS loved though...perfume. I love perfume. If you know me, you also know I sometimes have a hard time spending money on things: I will painstakingly deliberate about if I should buy something, if what I want is over-priced, or could I make that myself? (by the way, the answer is no.) But I barely think twice before splurging on a bottle of perfume. I do carefully research my next fragrance purchase, though price is typically a moot point. After running clean out of perfume a couple weeks ago, I was in the market for a new scent and wanted to try something different instead of sticking to a tried-and-true. Well, I'd like to devote this post to the knowledge I've gathered about perfume over the years. I'll try to keep the vanity to a minimum.

Clinique Happy: My first perfume ever. What a terrible choice. Probably because at that point in my life I was still looking to my mother for beauty advice. And not that she doesn't have some great tricks up her sleeve, she just has a very mature sense of smell. Basically I was 11 and smelled like I was 61. Cute.

Clinique Happy Heart: Contrary to popular belief, the sequel to Happy is not Sad. Happy Heart is a little better than the original, but not by far.

Marc Jacobs Daisy: I can smell it on someone from a mile away. It's warm and a little musty. Great for winter and comes in a pretty bottle. I know I'll eventually be purchasing more in the future.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy: Yum. That's about all I can say. I can't stand any of the other Juicy fragrances, but this one is fruity and summery. One spritz makes me instantly feel like a lady. I predict I'll be buying more of this one in the future too. Oh, and did I mention the bottle is just about the cutest thing?

Marc Jacobs Lola: Not as sensational as Daisy, but still nice. It can be a little heavy, so it's good for the winter. This one's also, ironically, more flowery than Daisy.

Dior Jadore: Another heavier scent. This one was very different than any I've ever worn. It's a clean scent that reminds me a bit of a men's cologne. I thought it was nice for the fall.

And finally, the newest addition to the collection:

Taylor Swift Wonderstruck: I know it's kind of embarrassing. The bottle is opalescent and has charms on it. Of course. It's not on the super expensive side, which is always a plus. The scent makes me think of a combination of Viva La Juicy with a hint of Daisy and a touch of citrus. It's not too heavy, but it doesn't wear too quickly either (definitely one of my criteria). I'm shamefully enjoying it.

Before I go I have to say perfume smells different on every person. My Clinique bashing earlier doesn't mean it won't smell nice on you. That's also a reason to spray the perfume on yourself before you buy instead of the little paper slip. And while these are the perfumes I've owned over the years, I've formed an opinion on many others. Feel free to ask for fragrance advice anytime!

<3 ereese.

No comments:

Post a Comment